1. Peel sweet potatoes. Dice the potatoes into approximately 1” square pieces.
2. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan or pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn down if needed once the potatoes are cooking. You don’t want to boil them (they will fall apart). Cook until the potatoes are very soft when pierced with a sharp knife tip.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 7-9 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
4. Drain the potatoes and place them back in the pan on the warm (but turned off) burner for a few minutes. This will steam off excess moisture. Mash the potatoes with an electric handheld mixer or an immersion blender with the whip attachment. Add 2 tablespoons Butter olive oil.
5. Mix all three dressing ingredients together and whisk until thoroughly mixed. Drizzle over warm sweet potatoes, and top with toasted pecans.